Epic Games is getting more and more serious on the competitive side of Fortnite and that’s the reason why they have Patched the standard Stretched Resolution in the recent v8.30 Patch Notes.
Even though Epic has confirmed that all the Aspect ratios will have the same vertical FOV on MAC and PC, there are still Two Methods to play in the Stretched Resolution. But first, let’s know what are the Advantages of a Stretched Resolution.
Why should you play on a Stretched Resolution?
In case you’re not aware of the advantages of playing on a stretched resolution, here are some:
- Your Opponents will appear more flattened (Thicc) which makes it easier to shoot them.
- Because Stretched Resolution are always lower than the Native ones, your FPS and game Performance might slightly improve.
Tutorial – Stretched Resolution in Fortnite (After v8.30 Patch)
So as I mentioned above, there are two Methods for playing on Stretched after the Patch, here are both of them. But first, make sure “Full Screen” is selected on your Desktop Size and Position settings, just like in this Image.
This is the simpler one and requires just a simple change in the Video Settings in-game. This won’t stretch your resolution a Lot, but it’s definitely better than the Native one.
- Make Sure your Scaling Mode is set to Full Screen (like above).
- Go to Video Settings in Fortnite, and select any 16:10 resolution. (e.g. 1680 x 1050).
So this method was brought to me by one of my Friend and a Teammate from Team iPros, Deslin. Here are the steps:
- Go to your Nvidia Control Panel and find “Create Custom Resolution”
- Choose a normal resolution like 1920 x 1080 but lower the Vertical Lines like in the Image.
And that’s it, save it and apply the resolution and then launch the Game. It should be stretched.
Here is a Video Tutorial, just in Case.
If you ask me, I play CS:GO in Stretched because I’m used to it and I used to play Fortnite in stretched as well.
But if you have plans to play the game more Professionally and want to compete in Events, then don’t play on Stretched because you will be Forced to play in 16:9.
Also, there are a few disadvantages of playing in Stretched as well, like:
- You can’t see much around your Surroundings.
- Game appears a bit blurry.