Last Updated on May 16, 2020 by Priyam Raj.
Minecraft is Mojang’s success since it was Launched and Now we have Minecraft on Every Device Including PC, Windows 10 (Phone/PC), Android, iOS, MacOS, VR, Xbox, Nintendo Switch and even Play Station 4. All the Versions Except for the Minecraft PC are Coded Similarly in C++ Language but Cross Play was only Available for Windows 10 Edition and Pocket Edition (Android and iOS) until Today. The Minecraft Better Together Update was announced Months Ago and its Finally Here! This Update has finally allowed for Multiple Platform Players to cross-play on Same Servers.
Minecraft Better Together is the most Significant Update on Minecraft, not only people can cross play on their favorite devices, they can even Play on awesome and Popular Servers like Hypixel and Mineplex. The Java Edition is slowly dying now as Microsoft hates Piracy and Minecraft Java Edition was Easily Hacked and Millions of people are still on cracked Minecraft with cracked servers. Although they have never said they will kill Java Edition they will always be Updating but it will Eventually become less Popular because of the Upcoming New Features.
Despite all this, Better Together Update is available for Xbox, VR, Windows 10, Android and iOS and Nintendo Switch Edition is on its Way which should be Expected to come in a Few Days. The Update is on the Newest Version 1.12 and all Versions (Xbox Edition, Pocket Edition, Windows 10 Edition) are Renamed to Just Minecraft because that’s how it should be called as that is just one single game available for Multiple Platforms. This update is not for PS4 (For Now), so maybe in the Future.
Earlier the Xbox and Pocket Edition was not fully compatible with Servers but now Mojang has made the game more open so that people can host their own servers and play other than the Realms.
Despite the Cross Play Feature, there is a lot more awesome stuff for you to check out, some of them are listed below:
- Recipe Book for Ease in Crafting
- Stained Glass
- Fireworks (with Elytra boost!)
- Armor Stands
- Jukebox and music discs
- Recipe Book
- Book & Quill
- Coarse Dirt
- New world start options: Starting Map; Bonus Chest; Trust Players
- New game rules: Show Coordinates; TNT Explodes; Natural Regeneration
- Added ‘/tickingarea’ command to create areas that still update when no players are there
- Player permissions
- Zombie Villager spawn egg
- In-game host options
- Paper doll viewer
- Outline selection toggle
- In-game player names toggle
- HUD opacity toggle
- Expanded Xbox Live multiplayer world settings
- New loading screens with funny and helpful tips
- How to Play screen
- Remix 3D export functionality (Windows 10 only)
- New achievements
- Server Partners
- Realms invite links
- Mash-up Packs and Texture Packs will now decorate the main menu and in-game HUD
- Share your Realm through a Link (Not for Xbox for Now)
More Information about the Update is here
What are you waiting for? Download the Update Now!